Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hudson Canola Oil ~ Product Review and Eggless Chocolate Banana Bread

Few weeks back, close to one month back I got an email from a sweet lady who was sweet enough to caption the email as "Love Ur Blog". That email really, totally made my day. The email was for a product review ~ a free sample of Hudson Canola Oil. They would send me a sample, I had to cook and blog about it. I happily accepted it and a week later I got the sample pack. It was properly packed, in good condition and accompanied by a cookbook, a pamphlet featuring the benefits of canola oil and a note to ME.


'From their website'
What is Canola?
Canola is now a global phenomenon: the fastest growing edible oil in the world! Hudson Canola Oil® comes to you directly from the finest, most sophisticated facilities in the Prairie regions of western Canada, where canola was first discovered. Hudson Canola is brought to you by Dalmia Continental, owners of Leonardo Olive Oil®.
Canola is neutral in flavour and aroma with no distinctive taste or smell.
Canola Oil is extruded from the seeds of the yellow Canola flower.
Canola Oil has the lowest saturated fat amongst all oils, very high monounsaturated fat, very high Omega-3 and rich Vitamin-E content.
Do check out their website to know more and to shop online.

I initially thought of pan toasting some healthy oats cutlets with Hudson Canola oil but then baking with canola oil has always been my dream mainly because they are neutral flavored and I have bookmarked so many recipes using canola oil in their baking and so without a second thought I baked!!! I made these Chocolate banana mini loaves for our tea and it was moist, soft and perfect and there was no dominant oil-flavor. I made it extra healthy by adding wheat flour and so it was a tad bit on the denser side.


Adapted from Taste Of Home
~*What U Need*~
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
Hudson Canola Oil - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Banana - 1 or mashed banana - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Walnuts - 1/4 cup, optional

How I made it:
Preheat oven to 175C. Line and grease a mini loaf pan, I used my silicon pan. In another mixing bowl, combine the flour-s, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda and a pinch of salt. Sieve well.

In a mixing bowl, add the sugar and canola oil and cream well.

Add banana, milk and vanilla and whisk well.

Add the flour to the banana mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to the pan and bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Serve with tea/coffee/milk and a note.. do try out their canola oil. It is super healthy and you will love it.

** My Notes:
** The original recipe used butter.
** Since I used wheat flour, I added 1/4 cup milk but if you are using only all purpose flour then use 2 1/2 tbsp of milk.
** Use good quality baking cocoa.
** Do not skip walnuts, I was out of walnuts and so skipped it but I missed the crunch in the bread.
** The original recipe uses egg but I skipped it.

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

28 comments:

  1. Hi Vimitha, thank you for sharing the product review. This is one of the best oil in the market. I'd hear about it but yet to try it out.

    Your banana bread certainly look very inviting. The texture is very moist and I'm sure it taste awesome.

    Have a great week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vimitha ,calorie free banana cake ,looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks yummy and soft .....Will try it soon !!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe !!
    shrutirasoi

    Today's Recipe
    Tomato Rasam

    ReplyDelete
  4. the texture is very moist dear.. nice write up..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super moist and perfectly bake chocolate bread.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/02/award-celebrating-with-carrot-beet.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review, the banana cake looks awesome, and healthy too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also got this oil, really nice and best for use

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy n delicious choco banana bread...love its texture, so moist..must have tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice review Vimitha... really a healthy bread too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. that choco banana bread is leaving me drooling

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice review vimi - lovely banana bread

    ReplyDelete
  12. Canola is my 2nd fav after olive oil, we use it so often and even justify deep frying as it is healthy, haha! Lovely review, Vimitha:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice review and the cake looks super moist and tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow..i too got the oil from her...super yummy

    ReplyDelete
  15. delicious banana cake my fav...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it nice when u get emails from readers/fans. I love it too, totally makes my day. Your cake looks very moist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think banana bread is always good, at every time of the day !
    This one looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks moist and perfect..
    http://foody-buddy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too make banana bread with canola oil when you bake they are best oil as they don't impart any flavor. Looks moist and delicious bannana bread Vimitha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. very interesting review Vimi, canola oil are the best oil i love to prepared my bakes with it, excellent and super moist bread dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. super moist bread and love to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice review, lovely soft n moist bread using canola oil!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Interesting review. Best for baking !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.