Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mango Kulfi

I love mangoes, fresh juicy pulpy alphonso mangoes is wat I am talking about. It tastes divine and eating them is a pleasure which I missed last year... Being a new mother has its own cons and not allowed to eat mangoes is one among them. So last year, I was not even allowed to touch mangoes... Oh god, how I missed them... Seeing those juicy, ripe, bright yellow beauties stacked up made my mouth water. Well, Junior A is into his second year now and am no longer kept away from Mangoes.

That day I swore, swore that next year I will never let a day go by without eating a mango. True to that, I have been eating mangoes every single day, if not whole atleast half. I am still under vigilance but not the strict one. I am allowed to have an occasional bite every day. After two weeks of sinful indulgence I have started implementing them in desserts and here I am with a royal treat with the king of fruits. Its a perfect dessert for the unbearable temperatures that Chennai is seeing.

~*What U Need*~
Milk - 2 cups
Mango Puree - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - a big pinch
Chopped pista - 2 tsp
Cornflour - 1 tsp, mixed in 1 tbsp water.

How I Made it:
Take a non-stick pan, add the milk and in low flame boil till it reduces half in quantity (1 cup). Keep stirring during this time. Add the sugar and dissolve it completely.

Now add cardamom powder and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from flame and cool it to room temperature. Now add the mango puree and mix well.

Add the chopped nuts followed by the cornflour slurry. Cook till it becomes thick. Pour into kulfi moulds and refrigerate overnight.

Serve with chopped mangoes.

** My Notes:
** You can skip adding the cornflour slurry too. Just till it is thickened so that it coats the back of a spoon.
** To remove the kulfi from moulds, run it under tap water for few seconds, leave aside for 1 min and then pull out.

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

30 comments:

  1. Well Presented :) Also do check my way of mango kulfi :)
    http://sweets-n-spices.blogspot.in/2013/06/mango-vanilla-kulfi.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow its superb one dear... without condensed milk its look very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, so delicious and very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very tempting vimitha.. who hates mango.. but only drooling not eating:-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very delicious and lovely kulfi, perfect for this hot hot summer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. very tempting and delicious one,my lil one who is 8 months old likes mango and mango kulfi...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mention mango - and I'm there. Beautifully presented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this low calorie version, kulfi looks so creamy n delicious..neatly presented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So tempting and super yummy one !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mango kulfi looks delicious. Vimitha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vimitha, loved it as you have made it with fresh milk, simply loving the add of mango to it. Nice clicks too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow vimitha i m goin to use ur style
    for some reason my icecreams get those icicles which just gets irritating in taste
    otherwise yummy
    simple yet great dish
    and tht rss guy sitting on the side looks really cool guy hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm enakku romba romba pidicha kulfi,

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite kulfi.. Love it.. Awesome clicks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow liked all your clicks vimitha.. i'm yet to make mango kulfi..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tempting Kulfi. Nice clicks.

    http://indianfoodnest.blogspot.com/2013/06/ragi-dosa-recipe-kelvaragu-dosai-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truly delicious...Such tempting clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent presentation of kulfi. yummmmmm!

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/06/corn-capsicum-masala.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Feel like relishing this fantastic mango kulfi, drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. extremely tempting and perfect for the season

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mango kulfi looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. my fav.. still in to do list ... Looks yummy and creamy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Vimitha, I loved this kulfi. It is almost fat free and without condensed milk. Mango is my favourite too! I will definitely try it out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.