Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby Corn - Capsicum Masala

As told before, blogging has introduced me to many veggies and ingredients that I have never tried or to be more precise, had never thought of trying. One such veggie is baby corn. I once tried Baby Corn 65 in a restaurant and don't know why didn't like the crunchiness of the veggie. I felt like having an un-cooked vegetable and ever since I haven't tried it. But then I came across a few baby corn recipes in the food blogosphere and this instigated me to try my hands again. So got the veggie and drilled down to this recipe from the Chef and Her Kitchen.


We had it with chapathi and it was a hit... I have bought another batch of baby corn to make this dish again... :)

~*What U Need*~
Baby corn - 10
Green Capsicum - 1
Onions(Large) - 1
Tomatoes(Small) - 2
Cashew nuts - 5
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala - ½ tsp
Cumin Powder - ½ tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Amchur powder - 1/2 pinch
Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
Fresh Cream - 1/4 cup
Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Salt
Oil

Pre-preparation
Dice the capsicum into cubes Slit the baby corns and cut them into long pieces. Slice the onions. U don't have to chop the onions finely as we are going to grind the onions into masala De-seed the tomatoes and chop them as the seeds will incorporate more tartness to the gravy

How I made it:
Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the sliced onions and fry until they turn glassy. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off
Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are cooked and turn mushy
Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, amchur powder and jeera powder. Fry for 2-3 mins
Cool this mixture. Sprinkle some water and grind the mixture to a smooth paste by adding cashew nuts
Heat oil, add capsicum and baby corn pieces. Fry this till they are semi cooked. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, add some more oil, add cumin seeds, and fry till it splutters.
Add the ground mixture and fry until oil starts to split. Add the semi-cooked capsicum and baby corn pieces and cook covered till baby corn is completely cooked.
When the gravy is done, you can see oil floating on top of the gravy Add cream and give a mix well. Garnish with minced coriander leaves

Serve hot with chapathis/pooris/ any Indian flat breads.

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

29 comments:

  1. baby corn n capsicum masala nice combo...masala looks so rich n yummy n love the prep very much...first pic tempts me a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow creamy n yummy curry..luv the combination used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying the recipe and I m glad that u liked it...I liked the color of d gravy,looks very nice n in fact it is my fav one..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creamy curry & a wonderful combo!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww.. this looks so yummy.. I have to try this out :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so wonderful, absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is new to me...and looks wonderful..
    savitharajsspiceland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creamy and yummy :) Baby corn is another attraction factor for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy creamy curry...love the ingredients in there..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby corn is one of those crazy vegetables that makes my kids smile when I serve it. This sounds like a great way to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so creamy vimitha. Attracting me with chapathi.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy creamy and delicious masala...U hav a very nice space here...glad to follow u...do isit my space wenever u like..tc..enjoy..:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks so creamy and rich...very yummmy looking curry..

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love baby corn...dish looks super yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks very creamy and yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious combo,looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rich and creamy gravy...perfect with some rotis

    ReplyDelete
  18. it is so creamy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  19. im a big fan of baby corn..color is awesome. looks so creamy and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. gravy looks very rich and creamy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.