Monday, June 13, 2011

Red Cabbage Mixed Salad

As I had already mentioned I am a diehard fan of any kinda salads these days. I prefer having a refreshing bowl of salad and a glass of fruit juice to the daily dinner menu. And huss also joins hands with me these days. So we just go chop!! chop!!
Making salads has given me the option to explore many un-tried veggies, fruits and salad dressings. I just play with all the ingredients in hand and am enjoying it.
One such veggie is the red cabbage. I have seen red cabbage many times but was not sure what to do with it and hence usually ignored it. But after I read a few articles on its usage in salad, I grabbed some when I went for my next grocery shopping.

~*What U Need*~
Red cabbage(cut into chunks) – 1 cup
Boiled corn kernels – ¼ cup
White cabbage(cut into chunks) – ½ cup

Cucumber(de-seeded and cut into chunks) – ¼ cup

Tomato(Medium) - 1
Carrot(julienned) – ¼ cup

Capsicum(julienned) – ¼ cup

Pitted black olives – 2 tbsp


For the Salad Dressing

Apple cider Vinegar – 1 tsp

Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp

Olive oil – 2 tbsp

Salt - to taste

Pepper – a pinch

How I made it
De-seed and dice the tomato into cubes.
Add all the ingredients mentioned and give it a stir.

Refreshing bowl of salad is ready.

Serve immediately. Sit back and enjoy!!!

Though the name suggests Red cabbage, I would say that the overall color of the veggie falls under Purple. So off this goes to Food Palatte Series Purple held at Torview

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

31 comments:

  1. Hi Vimitha
    So good of you to visit my place and giving sweet comment.
    Salad looks colorful and refreshing. I like your salad dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great timing...I was looking for a recipe using red cabbage:-)
    Love the colors:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vimitha it is looking delicious!!!!
    thnX for healthy post :)
    Happy Blogging!!!!
    Food Blog News Daily
    Good Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this ~ perfect for a quick fix n light lunch :)
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy, refreshing & quick salad :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious looking wonderful salad
    check out the event in my site regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. very colourful and delicious sald..healthy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fresh colors in it..looks healthy and delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very healthy and colourful salad, loving it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time at your blog, you have a nice space here...This is absolutely gorgeous salad, just the way I want it..Do swing in to my blog whenever time permits..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This salad looks so delicious! It's just so colorful =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like red cabbage a lot,never had in salad form though! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really colourful salad......nd very nice dressing.........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely awesome salad n tummy filling one..

    ReplyDelete
  15. very refreshing salad dear. love it especially for this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very healthy and refreshing salad, looks fabulous dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. healthy and colorful salad !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never seen corn in a cabbage salad. It would be a nice addition. I agree, salads are perfect to eat this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for linking this fabulous salad delicious

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simple and healthy! Love the veggies you've used....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. This never occur to me. We have red cabbage rotting in the backyard. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.