We are getting Sweet Limes in abundance here. Reliance Fresh has mountains of them and am loving the season. Fresh sweet lime juice to quench the thirst… A glass of juice after breakfast and after dinner has become a daily routine for us… Browsed for some health benefits and was stunned to know that there are so much… Have listed out some of them…
* Rich in vitamin C, lemons are just the thing to make up the vitamin deficiency that causes scurvy.
* The fragrance that lemons exude can increase the secretion of digestive saliva, which helps to digest the food quickly.
* The acids in lemons are good for flushing out the toxins from the bowel tracts. The roughage in lime is also good for relieving constipation. Lime juice with a pinch of salt is often given to people who have constipation problems.
* Flavonoids such as Limonin Glucoside have anti-carcinogenic, antioxidant, detoxifying and antibiotic properties that are great for healing oral ulcers and peptic ulcers.
* The oil extracts of lime have anti-congestive properties and are often used in balms, inhalers and vaporizers. Lime is also good for preventing and treating nausea. Just chew on a piece of new lime whenever you’re feeling nausea.
* The antioxidants in lime are good for flushing out the uric acid and free radicals from the body.
* Gum diseases are generally caused due to a deficiency of vitamin C. So, regular consumption of lemons is good for preventing gum disorders.
* You can drink a glass of warm water with lime juice and a spoonful of honey first thing in the morning for reducing your weight.
* Lime has a high concentration of potassium detoxifies the kidneys, bladder and can cure infections in the urinary bladder.
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Ice cubes – as needed
Water – as needed
Cut the lime into halves and using a citrus juicer, extract the juice from the lime.
Combine well the Lime juice with the sugar, lemon juice, ice cubes and required amount of water.
Refreshing glass of sweet lime juice ready to be served!!!