Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chocolate Custard with Coffee Caramel

My mom loves custard pudding. When I told her that I made Caramel custard which was a success she told me to make some for her when she comes to Chennai the next time. Knowing that she loves the flavor of chocolate in anything (just like me), I made a mild chocolate pudding with coffee caramel. Mild chocolate cos I wanted the custard flavor to be predominant, coffee caramel cos I am a big fan of anything coffee. I intend to make a rich chocolate pudding soon and I will post it as soon as done.

~*What U Need*~
Milk - 1 1/2 cups
Sugar - 3 tablespoons
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Custard powder - 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder – 1 ½ - 2 tbsp

For the caramel
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Water -1 tbsp
Instant coffee powder – 1 tsp (I used Nescafe Classic)

How I Made

Coffee Caramel
In a wide pan, add the sugar and water and rotate the pan without stirring.
After few mins, you will see the mixture starting to boil and brown. Keep on rotating.
The entire liquid will start to turn a golden brown color.
When the brown color starts darkening, add the coffee powder, mix till combined, off the stove and pour the caramel into ramekins before it starts to harden.
Be careful. Do not touch the caramel as ur skin may get burnt. If touched, place ur skin under flowing cool water.

Chocolate custard
Take some milk from the mentioned quantity and mix the custard powder and cocoa powder without forming any lumps.
Bring the sugar and milk to boil and add the custard+cocoa liquid.
Stir for 3 mins. The custard will start to thicken. Remove the pan from flame.
Pour the mixture into the ramekins. Allow it to cool to room temperature. When done, refrigerate atleast for 8 hrs or firm in the sides and wobbly in the centre.

Topple the custard onto a plate and serve. The combination of rich chocolate and aromatic coffee is always heavenly and so was this.

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

32 comments:

  1. hey vimitha,
    this is looking yummy
    i will try this nxt time
    U hav got very wonderful space....
    do visit my blog when time permits....
    deepthi,
    http://deepthidigvijay.blogspot.com/
    http://h4wifes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply superb... wanna try soon.. so delectable... bookmarking right away..
    http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. பார்க்கும் பொழுதே சாப்பிடனும் போல் இருக்கு...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choco pudding looks super delicious..to be frank I never tried pudding but after seeing yours it's tempting more n want to try this yum yum pudding soon :) coffe caramel double super...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, i want to grab and finish that wonderful pudding,simply inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this custard and its sauce awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pudding..looks excellent !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! I'm sure your mother loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks delicious and yummy ......

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby will devour this ~ looks so decadent n luscious!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful looking Custard. Would be travelling mils together just to come and have a spoonful.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never tried custard before .. looks so yummy. Love the clicks.

    Vardhini
    VardhinisKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  13. really tempting custard........even i have posted a coffee pudding like this n my blog..........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Caramel custard is one of the first recipes I ever tried out in the kitchen - and have been making it for every occasion at home ever since, be it a birthday, anniversary or just a get-togethetr.. And never in all these years have I thought of adding coffee to caramel! *Faceslap! Something tells me that i'm going to make it your way from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this eggless custard!!very tempting dear..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome. Coffee flavor gives much more rich taste.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very new to me. looks absolutely delicious.. thanks for the recipe :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  18. That custard looks so good. I love anything caramel, so that sauce has me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi vimitha
    i have some awards for you in my blog..please feel free to collect them ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. OHH god ! to make that dish to perfection is tough and I see that you have done a good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg- looks soooo good vimitha, am crzy abt the coffee flavour too, the pics look totally inviting !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coffee caramel so indulging nam nam!

    ReplyDelete
  23. just wonderful..simply perfect.best part is,,it is eggless..i must try it rite away...

    ReplyDelete
  24. chocolate and coffee go well together! I love the way u flavored this pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WoW.. Love this.. Chocolate addition would just make it even better.. Love the syrup oozing out of it.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.