Sunday, November 2, 2014

Kale Thoran

I never make thorans at home because of the amount of coconut that goes into the making. But this kale thoran is an exceptional... The coconut goes so well with the kale that they seem like a match made... Whenever I go grocery shopping I always grab everything and anything that is fresh... Like this kale bunch that I bought a week back. It was screaming freshness and I had to pick it up... And the thoran happened again...


~*What U Need*~
Kale - 1 bunch

Oil - 2 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Dried red chilli - 1
Garlic pods - 5, chopped
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Small/pearl onions - 10-12
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup

How I Made it:
In a non stick pan, heat oil and add the mustard seeds and allow to crackle. Add the curry leaves and urad dhal. When the urad dhal is browned, add the red chilli. Next goes in the garlic and saute till lightly browned. Add the sliced onions and saute.

Add the chopped kale and some turmeric powder. Cover with lid and cook for 7-9 mins. Once done, add the grated coconut, mix well and cook for another 2-3 mins. Season with salt and remove from flame.

Serve warm!!!

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

7 comments:

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.