Thursday, March 13, 2014

Triple Chocolate Granola

We have very little options for breakfast atleast that is how it works for us. When I was a kid I still remember that my mornings started with a tall glass of milk or homemade health drink followed by two idlis, just and always with some chutney or sambar. Even after marriage it was the same, till I was with my in-laws. After moving out life seemed way more easier with cereal and bread and cereal again. And that is how its been for four years.

Lately I have been wanting different breakfast options. Not something heavy but something fancy, something that I would love to eat, something that I would look forward to on my breakfast table. I had always wanted to try granola but back in India they were pretty costly and the serving size that you get for that many bucks is very meager. The pack would hardly last you a week. I have tried my share at home with the quick cooking oats variety but they never seemed to excel in texture.

So when I came to the U.S I started experimenting with the rolled oats and lately we have been enjoying a variety of homemade granola for breakfast. And it makes a great breakfast option too. So now its cereal and homemade bread and granola and cereal again. See an added breakfast option. Anything with chocolate can never go wrong and when it is chocolate for breakfast it is definitely my kinda breakfast and when it three different types of chocolate, then it is just... "OH MY".

Prep time: 5 mins; Cooking time: 30 mins; Serves - 2
Adapted from here

~*What U Need*~
Old fashioned oats - 1 1/2 cup
Canola oil - 2 tbsp
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Dark brown sugar - 2 tbsp
Maple syrup - 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1/4 cup
Chocolate covered raisins - 1/2 cup

How I Made it:
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix oil, cocoa powder and sugar and whisk till combined. Add the maple syrup and mix well. Add the oats and fold till evenly mixed. Bake for 25-30 mins, stirring every 10 mins. Remove from oven and add the chocolate chips when still warm. Once cooled, add in the raisins and mix well. Store in an air tight container.

Serve with milk or top on yogurt.


So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

18 comments:

  1. if u would share pictorial it will be more easy for us..Thanks..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry Preethi... accidentally deleted the s/s tutorial for this. will update as soon as I make it next time.

      Delete
  2. Who can resist granola with chocolate, looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous feast for chocoholic persons like me, can have this granola anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious dear ..yummy granola :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Def a tempting breakfast i would be looking forward to .I am slowly coming the way ur in .I mean started eating cereals .So this would be a great breakfast option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been wanting to try granola at home for a long time...yours looks really good..perfect breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so good,even I love chocolate granola,just made a batch with nutella,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids delight !
    Will make them for my grand daughters when I visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looksss yummm !!! never made granola at home..looks so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  10. super delish it looks..would love to start my day with such yummy breakfast..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.