Friday, February 15, 2013

Pink White Hot Chocolate | Strawberry White Hot Chocolate ~ a simple Valentine drink

V day has come and gone and belated wishes to those who celebrated the day. Now I am not against it, I totally love it. We have celebrated the day in the past. Its the day of gifts and eating out in lavish restaurants for us. Its not that we celebrate love only on Feb 14th, but its an excuse for us ~ an excuse to take a day off from office, an excuse to buy gifts, an excuse to eat out the whole day, an excuse to shop non-stop and finally an excuse to cuddle with a hot cup of coffee in the couch with our favorite F.R.I.E.N.D.S running late till midnight. And so I totally love the day.

Mr.A is not here, away on an onsite assignment and so I have not been myself lately. I cook, bake just to feed the blog with a promise that everything will be re-visited when I join him. And so an exotic dish for the day was never in my to-do list. But all that pink everywhere made me feel for my space and so I made this simple hot chocolate for us to sip on. I was not in the mood to click step by step pics let alone style the food and so I chucked it into a glass, not even cared about taking my favorite white cup and saucer, put a few red heart sticks by the side and clicked a few pics.

I might update the post with good clicks when I re-visit the recipe so please bear the not-so-good clicks. And about the drink, it was good, thick with a slight tarty sweetness, perfect sip-on on a chilly evening.

Adapted from Bakingdom
~*What U Need*~
Strawberry puree - 4 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp or more
Milk - 2 cups, boiled and cooled
White chocolate - 2 ounces, melted

How I Made it:
In a glass, stir the strawberry puree, white chocolate and sugar till combined. Add the milk and whisk. You can do this in a blender too. Transfer to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat whisking all the time. Remove from heat when it starts boiling.

Serve hot, topped with marshmallows or whipped cream!!!

** My Notes:
** You can use 1 cup milk and 1 cup cream for a richer version.
** Do not use low fat or skimmed milk.
** Increase sugar as per preference.
** Donot boil too much or the mixture will curdle.
** To make the strawberry puree, slice one cup of strawberries, toss with some sugar and set aside to shed water. Then blend till smooth. Press through a sieve to remove the seeds.

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

33 comments:

  1. Nice idea to white chocolate to this flavourful drink,looks yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious white chocolate ,suitable for the occassion.
    Sai Padma Priya
    www.soundaryasbeautyworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks rich n pretty in pink,yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot chocolate looks delicious, awesome clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very yummy n flavorful drink... can feel the aroma of the drink... preety pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious and colourful hot chocolate..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so pretty pink and wd white choco.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..i simply love that colour..love this vimi..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful drink, pretty pink and very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the simplicity of your pictures for this post, Vimitha. No need to re-do them, unless you really want to. Hope Mr. A. hurries home to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious and beautiful love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another 2 months only da, you will be with him...anyway strawberry hot chocolate looks so yummy....lovely clicks

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all I would like to say awesome blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing.
    I've had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Kudos!
    Also visit my weblog replica louis vuitton handbags

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy and beautiful looking Vimitha...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Howdy very cool website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also? I am satisfied to seek out numerous useful info here within the publish, we need work out more strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
    Review my page samp4you.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice combination ... never tried it.. will try soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. looking so beautiful..must be delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice drink ,ur hubby must be missing ur lovely food...hope u can join him asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so sweet! Happy Belated valentine's Day to you, Vimitha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.