Monday, September 26, 2016

Caramel Cashew Icecream | Icecream recipes

I.love.icecream... period. Open my freezer and you can find a tub of icecream anytime of the year, be it summer or spring or fall or even during the peaks of winter. Sometimes I make it at home and sometimes I buy it from the store.
The huss is a big fan of nuts in icecream. The likes like butter pecan and caramel cashew from Kopps make him go bonkers and we end up buying a scoop or two whenever it is the flavor of the day at Kopps. Few days back there was a sale for cashews in one of our local stores and I picked 2 packets to stock up. I then felt it was way too much (thats how I roll, guys) and so wanted to use up atleast one packet. Half of it went into making this yummilicious caramel icecream. Well, dont ask about the rest.



~What U Need*~
Granulated sugar - 1 cup
Heavy cream - 2 cups, 1+1
Rosated salted cashew - 1 cup
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Whole milk - 1 1/4 cup
Egg yolks - 5, large

How I Made it:
Bring 1 cup cream to a gentle boil. Heat 1 cup sugar in a thick bottomed vessel with 4 tbsp water swirling occasionally to melt the sugar evenly. Melt the sugar till it turns dark amber. Add the cream to the caramel and stir gently until it forms a homogeneous mixture. Be careful the caramel will splutter a lot as soon as you add the cream to it. Remove from the flame. Meanwhile, bring milk, remaining cup cream, to boil in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally.

Whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Add the milk mixture in a thin stream into the yolk whisking all the time. Pour back into saucepan and cook over medium heat, until custard coats back of spoon and registers 170°F on an instant-read thermometer. Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, and then stir in cooled caramel. Chill custard, stirring occasionally, until very cold overnight. When you are ready to make ice cream, add chopped salted roasted cashew to the custard mixture and make ice cream according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
If you don’t have ice cream maker, freeze the mixture for 45 minutes. Take it out, break up frozen bits with whisk. Repeat this process at 30 minute intervals for 2-3 hours. Freeze until ready to serve.

Yummy ice-cream is ready...

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

12 comments:

  1. I love ice creams too! This ice cream looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramel cashew is one of my favorites! I have a feeling I’ll be making a lot of this ice cream when it gets warmer here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Calendar Printable in India Book Affordable Calendar Printable September 2017 At Affordable Price, Please Visit Our Website September 2017 Calendar Printable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy...Thanks for sharing.. i will try for my kids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking tasty,

    For Healthy Hairs visit - http://www.healthyupchar.xyz/2018/02/how-to-make-hair-healthy-and-shiny.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found this is an informative blog and also very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this blog

    Buy Ambien Online

    Order Ambien Online

    Buy Ambien 10mg Online


    xanax bars for sale

    fastest Modafinil delivery

    ativan 2mg buy online

    ativan 1mg tablet buy online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.