Friday, June 5, 2015

Thinai Thayir saadam / Millet Curd Rice | Healthy recipes

I try to include something healthy in our diet atleast once a week. It might be in the form of adding wheat or oat bran to our daily bread or using whole grains to make pongal or some snack like kozhukattai. Last month when we went to Chicago to visit a few friends I visited the Whole Foods market with an interest to buy some whole grains. My first buy was a big bag of millet and I have been replacing most of our rice with millet these days. I made sweet pongal with it and it was a hit with the boys. My latest experiment is this thinai thayir saadam - a healthy and filling alternative to your regular rice.

~*What U Need*~
Millet - 1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Carrot - 2 tbsp, grated (optional)
Ginger - 1/2 tsp, finely chopped
Coriander - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Salt
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Curry leaves - few

How I Made it:
Wash millet in running water using strainer. Take this in a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles or till done. Let it cool for sometime. In a pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter, add urad dal fry till golden brown and then add curry leaves, hing. Add this to the millet, add carrot, finely chopped ginger and cilantro and mix well. Add the yogurt, milk and bring to the desired consistency. Season with salt.
Serve with potato for a winning combo!!!

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

5 comments:

  1. what it this, look like "Cơm" from list Hanoi Food Tour in VietNamese. I want try eat it just one time, hope your post don't make me depressed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice information.Your articles are always helpful.

    http://www.vasanr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one. This sweet one is very good for us. I try my best to make this one for my homies. Thanks for sharing this article. Now it's time to avail luxury airport transfer for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.