Sunday, January 25, 2015

Apple Crisp | Apple crisp with cake crumbs| Leftover recipes

If you are into cake decorating or if you are a frequent cake maker for friends and families and if you are like me who hates dumping that excess cake crumbs then you would also be hunting for recipes and ways to use them. I generally make cake pops and gift it to kids in my apartment but the last time I made some butter cake I had very little crumbs leftover which led me to browse for recipes. Since nothing got me interested, I started putting things together randomly and this happened. Its perfect served warm with a dollop of icecream and a shot of amaretto. Tip: You can replace the apples with berries, peaches or seasonal fruits of choice.


~*What U Need*~
Apples - 2, cored, sliced
Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
Brown sugar - 2 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Cornstarch - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - a pinch

For the crumble
Leftover cake - 1 cup
Rolled Oats - 3 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp, cut into chunks
Sliced almonds - 2 tbsp

How I Made it:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4-inch slices. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Pour into individual ramekins or a small baking dish. In another large bowl, mix together the oats and almonds. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, gently work in the cold butter until pea-sized lumps are formed. Toss in the cake crumbs. Top apples evenly with mixture and bake until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking.

Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.


So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

7 comments:

  1. Tasted apple crisp ,but never attempted to make one..These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favourite desserts. Love your idea of adding left over cake crumbs to the topping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea about the left overs. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.