Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich | Sandwich Recipes

Avocados have never been a favorite with the boys of the house. But I make it a point to include avocados in pappu's diet twice a week given the numerous health benefits of the fruit. Did you know that avocado is a fruit??? Well, I didn't and I had to browse to know that. Silly me. I like to incorporate avocados in our diet atleast occasionally and I usually make guacamole with tortilla chips for our evening snacks. When it comes to guacamole the huss never complains but when it is avocado in any other form, he just walks away. So I had to resort to another recipe. And this egg salad is what I came up with. You sub the mayo of a regular egg salad with avocado and job done... a healthy and filling sandwich.


~*What U Need*~
Hard Boiled Eggs – 2
Avocado – 1
Lemon – 1 tsp
Salt, pepper - to season
Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
Honey mustard - to serve
Lettuce leaves - 4
Bread of your choice

How I Made it:
Chop the eggs and avocado. Add 3. Add lemon juice, italian seasoning, garlic, seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well but donot mash them. Slice the bread. Place the lettuce, top it with the salad, drizzle the mustard sauce. Close the sandwich.

Serve with juice!!!

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

7 comments:

  1. Yes you made it healthy...visit my space too

    ReplyDelete
  2. avocado is my fav fruit and this looks super delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting combo!!! haven't tried with avocado and egg....Looks delicious!!! Visit my space too at leisure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple ,filling sandwich ...Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. avocado n eggs make grt combo.. yummy sandwich..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love avocado salad never added eggs:-) looks yimmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very healthy salad. Will try dear

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.