Thursday, July 10, 2014

Almond cookies

Like I said before, I am still searching for recipes that incorporates nuts in some form so that my son who is a fussy eater can have his regular intake of nuts. And one such thing that I came up was this almond maaladdoos which was well received by everyone. This time I tried to make some cookies with only ground almonds. I didnt use almond flour cos then I should have made some french macarons. All I did was grind some almonds with the confectioner's sugar, sieve it once and then fold it into the whipped egg whites. The result was some crunchy and yummy almond cookies.

~*What U Need*~
Egg whites - 2
Confectioner's sugar - 1 cup
Ground almonds - 3/4 cup
Granulated sugar - 1/4 cup

How I Made it:
Pulse confectioners’ sugar and ground almonds in a food processor until combined. Whisk whites with a mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to low, then add granulated sugar by tablespoon. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Sift flour mixture over whites, and fold until mixture is smooth and shiny. Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a large plain round tip. Pipe 3/4-inch rounds 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheet. Tap bottom of each sheet on work surface to release trapped air. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake 1 sheet at a time till the sides turn brown. Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

Serve with love!!!

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

4 comments:

  1. Only 4 ingredients...will try this...visit my space too

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cookies,yummy lighter ones indeed with no flour

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice with such few ingredients. I'm hosting gluten free cooking event in my blog, will truly appreciate dear if you could link it pls. TIA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.