Sunday, January 5, 2014

Raspberry Lemonade

Let me apologise first cos I had promised that I would open up the blog to 2014 with a classic dessert. But here I am breaking it. And so I am sorry. Not that I didn't make the dessert, I did make it and we did indulge in it. The whole plate was licked clean in one sitting. I made the classic apple pie for our New year dessert and it was perfect in every bite. The pie crust turned out beautifully flaky and melt in the mouth, the apples were soft but firm and cooked to perfection and the filling was to die for with the perfect blend of cinnamon and spices and a hint of orange. On the whole it was absolute perfection. I did save a slice so that I could click pictures the next day but thanks to the clouds it was snowing non stop. Thinking that the sun would never show up, I gorged on the piece for breakfast... And did you know what happened, the sun came out shining bright by mid-noon... I really messed it up and I was sulking around the whole day. But no worries, the pie was a great hit with the huss and so it is gonna show up atleast once a month so I will share it with you the next time I make it.

Till then lets enjoy this cooler. I know that it is cold here and I know that this drink is not for this weather. But it is perfect for me. Yes, when everyone prefers hot chocolate for the dipping mercury levels I love to sip on ice cold Mochas and freezing cold ice creams. So when I saw fresh raspberries in the market, I knew that I would pick them up and make this. Since it is just for me I made a small batch but this recipe could be easily doubled or tripled.


Prep time: 5 mins; Cooking time: 10 mins; Serves: 4-6

~*What U Need*~
Fresh Raspberries - 1 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/3 - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup

How I Made it:
Clean raspberries and pat dry. Heat water in a saucepan and add the sugar. Allow to melt. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Add the raspberries and cook till soft.

Remove and cool down. Blend till you get a smooth mixture. Sieve to remove the seeds and store in a clean container.

To serve add 2 tbsp syrup or more in a glass, top with ice cold water and serve with more icecubes.

Serve topped with ice!!!

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

23 comments:

  1. Hey no worries Vimi. You can always share your pie later with us and look at this colorful drink though with such a fantastic color. A very happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dats a lovely drink.. like its color.. gr8.. nice click.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very refreshing and yummy drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great drink with lovely, vibrant colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. any time lemonda with berries are perfect... loved it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great drink- will remember this one when our raspberries are rip, later this year - and glad to hear your apple pie was a hit; i lok forward to seeing it some time.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that looks super good!Happy 2014 vimi and no worries we are here to see the dessert too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worry akka.enjoy winter and love this lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely coloured refreshing drink. Will tryout raspberry lemonade soon. Thanks for sharing Vimitha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color..perfect for Valentine's day drink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very lovely drink and beautiful color...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so refreshing, love that color, will wait for the pie..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very refreshing drink .Soon will try my hand on this vimitha ....They look really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious! It's too cold here to contemplate lemonade but I love the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vimitha, Happy New Year to you! Your photos are looking greater each day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Refreshing lemonade.. lovely clicks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow super yummy and refreshing lemonade with rasberry :) looks so attractive !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Colorful and refreshing drink.. Lovely clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found the raspberries to be too sour for my tastebuds to eat them as such..but I'm sure I will like it when converted to something as refreshing as this...love the color Vimitha

    ReplyDelete
  20. dont u worry dear..words are are times best when broken..and this is indeed a lovely post..lovely colour !

    Latest on Quick Picks - Fat free Apple Banana Paniyarams

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.