Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Semiya Javvarisi Payasam / Semiya Sago Payasam | Easy Festival Recipes | Payasam Recipes

I am running out of energy and time too. He runs, I run and then we all run. Leave him alone for a minute and the next second he falls and there will be blood. Life has been total chaos lately and nothing goes as planned. Added to that the kid's 1st birthday is right around the corner and its been planning, planning and more planning for the last couple of weeks.

With Mr.A not here, its been too emotional and stressful. And so spending time for composing and blogging has taken a backseat. I bloghop but feeding my own blog is what I am talking here. Take this post for instance, it was supposed to appear on the blog on Tamil new year or atleast a day later. I think it is a black-out period for me. There are loads of stuff going on and so blogging is surely gonna slow down or atleast till the kids birthday.

And now to the pics, I know that they are not clear. Something is going on with the P&S and its not good. The focus seems so blurred these days and that is why the pics appear so cloudy. My mobile pics seem good compared to these. You are gonna see some not-good pics in the next few months until I get a good quality camera and am so sorry for that.

~*What U Need*~
Semiya(Vermicelli) - 1/2 cup
Boiled Milk - 1 cup
Water - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Milkmaid - 4 tbsps
Sago/Javvarisi pearls - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashews, Raisins - 2 tsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp

How I Made it:
Heat ghee in a nonstick pan, add semiya or vermicelli and roast till brown, remove and set aside. In the same pan, add milk and water and bring to a boil.

Add sago pearls or 2 tsps of crushed sago powder and after 5 mins add the vermicelli. Cook till the semiya is soft. Add sugar and condensed milk and combine well. Allow to simmer till the milk thickens to desired consistency.

Fry cashew and raisins in ghee till puffed and golden brown. Add toasted cashews and raisins, cardamom powder and switch off.


Serve hot or cold.

** My Notes:
** You can skip the condensed milk and use only sugar.
** I had some sago powder which I use to make kanji. So I used it here, but you can use regular sago pearls.
** For the sago pearls to get easily cooked, soak in water for 1 hour.

So thats it Folks...
With Love,

Signs off!!!

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

50 comments:

  1. Yuppp life s going hectic...n this payasam will def be a relief..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy and delicious payasam.... beautigul clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vimitha, our life is not a bed of roses everyday. There are up and down....that's part and parcel of our life. Take it easy and take care.
    Your snack look appetizing. Thanks for the step by step pictures.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome and lip smacking combo payasam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. be relaxed and do ,all will be smooth,and yummy payasam

    ReplyDelete
  6. The payasam looks delicious Vimitha... So have you finalized on the cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. same with me too vimitha. happy new year. payasam looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Payasam looks tasty! And the sari is pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your write-up, true to the core. We have all undergone such instances in our lives too. Do not worry, it will just fly. Enjoy every moment with your child. Btw, payasam looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year Vimitha. Semiya payasam looks delicious.

    today's post:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/04/leftover-rice-chilla-pancake.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb payasam :) who can say no to this lovely dessert

    ReplyDelete
  12. delicious payasam,looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow.. mouthwatering.. nice click..:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care of life first that is important, blog can wait. By the way semiya javarisi payasam looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mouth Watering Clicks :)
    http://sweets-n-spices.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So you think life will settle down after the birthday? Ha-ha, you'll be chasing that little one around for years to come. Sneak a blog post in whenever you can 'cause I love hearing what your baby is up to. And I love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can guess how its will difficult for u to manage everything..Cheer up sis.Am waiting eagerly to know how you are going to celebrate ur lil dumplings first birthday. Love this delicious and creamy payasam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have been in this place and still some are going on...i show my stress on my little one and in the end i sit and cry to her asking sorry...and all she does is hug tight and kiss me...sometimes i see my mom dad in her...its tough at that time but remember will miss this years later...so enjoy it...like i do...Wonderful payasam...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice payasam.. Sindhi kheer also is made with sago..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vimitha, hope you are feeling better. I know, life can be chaotic at times especially for you with a young child. I am not familiar with payasam but looking at the ingredients I am sure I will love it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love to have a glass from here Vimi...Torture this one !

    ReplyDelete
  22. simple and delicious dessert...perfect for all occasions...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Take care of your li'l one dear,in advance birthday wishes too,Vimitha..payasam looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i know what you mean about things slowing down with kids. my little one's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and it was stressful with so much planning and cooking and baking. good luck and happy early birthday to your little cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Delicious and inviting payasam Vimitha.. One of my favourites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Delicious payasam, advanced b'day wishes to your little one..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lil' ones are always like that, after few months really u will miss it, so no worries cheer up and get ready for the lil' one's Birthday party. My Advance bithday wishes to Aryan..U too take care of urself n hope u recover from sprain soon..Take care dear!
    btw my most fav payasam..looks so delicious. And also don;t worry abt the pics, still it looks good n inviting. So don't stress urself unncessarily. OK?! TC

    ReplyDelete
  28. very tempting n one of my fav payasam...
    MAHA

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this
    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. ha wait until he turns two, it will get worse I tell u! haha sorry for the reality check, but in consolation the payasam looks so wonderful that you can take ur timeout me-time with that delicious bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can totally related to u Vimitha..till they are 3 its not very easy, after all motherhood comes in a package.All the best for his party,I m sure u will do a good job. Thats a wonderful treat,dont bother about the picture too much.. its a delicous payasam and pics doesnt really matter, moreover I enjoy what u write more than the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. my favorite....
    looks delicious dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. hi vimitha. am new to ur blog. its wonderful. am following u. Happy to see u if u come by sometime in my space. Sushmita

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. hope you are feeling ok now. love the dessert recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.