Monday, December 6, 2010

Garlic Bread - Indian Style

This is one dish that I always love and always order whenever I visit any Pizzerias and always wanted to try at home. But yeah you need the french style bread - baguette to have a go at this.
I didnt have the slightest hint that you get baguette in chennai until I had one of them in the form of a delicious Tuna sandwich in Tryst cafe - one place which me and Sweetpie visit frequently in ECR. (God... I adore the brownies made here).
Okie now to the subject. So this saturday me and huss launched a treasure hunt to get baguette and finally got it. Thanks to The French Loaf, Velachery.
So here is my recipe and some pics.
Makes - 10 -12
Ingredients:
Baguette - 1 loaf
Garlic Cloves medium sized - 4
Butter - 2 cubes
Pizza cheese grated - 1/2 cup
You need it cheesy add 1 cup of cheese.
Salt - a pinch
Kasuri methi leaves - 1 spoon. The recipes I have seen suggest finely chopped parsley leaves. So here comes our Indian style substitute - Kasur Methi leaves.

The Making:
Pulse the garlic in mixie for 5 sec till it becomes a paste
Mix in together the garlic, butter, cheese, salt and Kasuri Methi leaves till it forms a paste.



Cut the baguette loaf into slices. Paint ample amount of the garlic butter paste to one side of the bread slice. Arrange these beauties on a grill. Grill them in an oven for 3 mins and there you go... Home made Garlic bread - The Indian style on your plates...


They were nice. Not too buttery. Hot and Crispy. Sweetpie and Daddy gobbled them down in seconds.
So long peeps...
Luv,

Pssst... Like my post... Don't miss any recipes from us
Get the latest updates straight to your email! Subscribe NOW for free!

5 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love garlic bread a lot.. And your version looks tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be heading to french loaf soon to make my own version of garlic bread too :)now you have kindled my hunger for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nits
    Do try it out. you can get baguette at Spencer's daily, Velachery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your precious comments... Your comments are my best critics... Do visit often...

Blogging tips
.